Discussioni sulle tecniche d'allenamento e gli esercizi per aumentare la massa muscolare.
By enrico68
#3024 Circuiti per la forza, la potenza e la resistenza non solo per perdere grasso  :bb:

Hard-Core Circuit Training
By Zach Even ? Esh, BA, MA

Hard-Core Circuit Training ? Not long ago, I had the notion that circuit training was more so for active recovery days, senior citizens and people who just want to ?get in shape?. Well, things have changed in the past few months and all for the better! Before I started circuit training it was common for me to hit a max effort exercise, and then continue training intensely through the use of supersets. There was one problem though. While rehabbing an ACL repair I found myself having less stamina during the superset portion of the workouts. I was breathing like a racehorse and I was feeling winded after these supersets.

It was time to attack the problem with a different outlook. One thing I have learned is to avoid following the so-called ?rules? of working out. So I had to let go of my preconceived notion that circuit training was for senior citizens and so on. In order for me to get back into ?fighting? shape I had to speed up all the workouts. Not every workout was a circuit workout though. I still had days where I chose one core exercise to go heavy on, performing 5 x 5, or 6 x 5 or 12 x 2. Variety in sets, reps, exercises, etc. in my training remained a staple. If the first exercise was going to be done alone, I still followed up with a series of challenging exercises in circuit fashion.

To give a few examples of the circuits, keep in mind that not all circuits have to be done for specific sets or reps. Some circuits were done for time, such as 10 minutes non-stop or 15 minutes non-stop. Other circuits were done until a predetermined number of sets and reps were completed for each exercise. Another variable was to include ?exercises? other than your traditional free weight and body weight exercises. I decided I would include strong man training as well. Some of the exercises I like to refer to as ?farm boy? training or ?old school? training.

For the most part, these hard core circuit workouts are used with military & law enforcement personnel and a wide array of combat athletes for the most part; wrestlers, grapplers, MMA & jiu jitsu practitioners. Make no mistake about it; these hard-core circuits are a great way to break up the monotony of your usual program as well being an awesome way to increase your GPP (General Physical Preparedness) levels. So yes, I sometimes have my football and baseball players do some hard-core circuit training. The difference with these athletes might be giving them a slight rest period (30 seconds) after each exercise.

The benefits of these hard-core circuits for combat athletes, military and law personnel are countless. Specifically, here is a list of the benefits you can achieve with hard-core circuit training:

? Dramatically improve mental toughness

? Improve Strength Endurance

? Improve Power Endurance

? Improve Muscular Endurance

? Great carry over to actual job / sport requirements (the mixture of strength training coupled with aerobic training is very beneficial for military, law and combat individuals)

? Improves GPP dramatically

? Very time efficient

? Requires very little training equipment

? Easily adapted to your environment (can be done in doors, out doors, with gym equipment or with body weight only)

Let?s take a look at a few sample hard-core circuit workouts. Remember, variety is a very important factor in all of our training, regardless of the style we use that day. In addition to variety of exercises, you can choose a different workload for each movement and/or exercise, allowing you to work strength on one exercise, power on the next, and muscular endurance the next exercise.

Circuit One ? Complete 6 rounds of the circuit, following the prescribed number of  repetitions. This circuit will be done at a playground with monkey bars. You will also need a sand bag weighing 30?50% of your own body weight. Place the sand bag 15 yards away from the monkey bars.

1.    Pull-ups x 3 ? jog to sand bag

2.    Clean & Press w/Sand bag x 10 reps ? jog back to pull up bars

3.    Pull-ups x 3 ? jog back to sand bag

4.    Front Squats with sand bag x 5 reps ? jog back to bars 

This circuit will challenge any individual. Remember, this is simply an example; you can change the reps of the exercises or the load of the sand bag. You can also sprint to and from the sand bag / monkey bars rather than jogging to and from. If necessary you can lower the total number of rounds or walk instead of jog, etc. There are always variables you can manipulate to meet your own needs.

Circuit Two ? Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes. The snatch can be done with a dumbbell or Kettlebell.

1.    1 arm Kettlebell Snatch x 12 reps L/R

2.    Pull-ups x 7 reps

3.    Flat Bench x 5 reps (choose a weight that is approx 55 ? 60% of your 1 RM) 

The above circuit can be tweaked in the same manner as mentioned during Circuit One. Also, you may have to do 4 reps of the pull up, rest 20 seconds and then do 3 more reps to complete the 7 reps. 

Circuit Three ? This circuit will place a good amount of focus on nervous system training (emphasis on power development / power endurance). Perform 7 total rounds. The Kettlebell Clean & Press can be substituted with a dumbbell. The Kettlebell swings can be done using a dumbbell as well. 

1.    Dead-lift variation (RDL, Trap Bar, or Bent Knee) x 3 reps

2.    1 arm KB Clean & Push Press x 3 reps

3.    2 handed KB swing x 8 reps

4.    2 handed Med Ball chest pass against wall x 5 reps

Circuit Four ? This circuit is a body weight circuit that can be done anywhere! Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. 

1.    Squats x 20

2.    Push-ups x 15 (vary hand spacing on each set or elevate feet)

3.    V-ups x 10

4.    Reverse Lunge x 12 reps 

One aspect of the workout, which must be addressed, is the warm up. It is best to mix together some low rep calisthenics, some movement (jumping rope, etc.) and some light dumbbell or band work. I like to have my athletes do pulling with the bands such as face pulls, chest pulls, etc. to work the upper back.

In closing, if you are in need of a change, are low on time, or need to step up your training, do not be afraid to experiment with some hard-core circuit training; especially if you are in the military, law enforcement or a combat athlete!